CDL2Go – Knowledge Training
Texas Truck Driving Academy – Skills Training
Getting Your CDL Driver License
If you are looking to get a quick CDL refresher course, then Texas Truck Driving Academy partnered with CDL2GO is everything you need. We help get anyone re-certified as a professional commercial driver. Students fly through in a breeze with the most up to date training methods and mobile course access. This highly interactive program will test your CDL knowledge while providing you with extensive CFR commercial driving information. Course completion means no doubt as to whether our students will fly through their CDL refresher process.
The knowledge course comes packaged with everything you need for a tractor-trailer combination. Once your online training has been complete, you are ready for our Texas Truck Driving Academy team to get you started on the simulator. Completion of your simulator training propels you onto the next step of a fully immersed hands on experience with a combination truck. Your instructor will not only be there to help teach you everything you need to know about re-certifying as a professional driver, but also to provide you with your final skills test and completion CDL license certificate. With our flexible CDL training program, your journey to becoming a professional driver and the time that goes into the process will meet your needs.
TTDA CDL Refresher Course:
- Commercial Vehicle Operations
- This endorsement covers the “Special Requirements” of Texas.
- General Knowledge
- Those attempting to obtain a commercial license of any kind must complete this endorsement.
- Those driving a combination vehicle over 26,000 lbs or pulling a trailer over 10,000 lbs must complete this endorsement.
- Air Brakes
- Those driving a vehicle equipped with air brakes must complete this endorsement.
- Pre-Trip Virtual Inspection
- All vehicle types require completion of a pre-trip inspection.
- Skills Test Prep
- Understanding what is expected during the DPS exam can make or brake your skills test.
- Simulator Training Hours
- Partial training hours on an up to 19-speed manual or automatic transmission.
- Yard and Road Training Hours
- Combined with your simulator training, you will be provided with 40 Hours of in-truck training experience.