The yellow school bus taking kids to school is an iconic memory tucked away in most of our minds. This endorsement is important for coaches, teachers, or anyone looking for a morning route to have. There are many uses for this endorsement, including that you can be 18 years old to drive a school bus. Usually these type of bus vehicles do not cross state lines, so you don’t have until you are 21 years old to start updating your professional driving resume. Knowing the information provided in this endorsement will help you understand and become aware of how to handle situations where other people are involved. It can be particularly hard with children or students if a dangerous situation occurs, so we designed this section to help you understand exactly the protocol in risky school bus situations.
School Bus Course Includes:
- Commercial Vehicle Operations
- This endorsement covers the “Special Requirements” of Texas.
- General Knowledge
- Those attempting to obtain a commercial license of any kind must complete this endorsement.
- Those driving a vehicle used for transporting a larger amount of passengers must complete this endorsement.
- Air Brakes
- Those driving a vehicle equipped with air brakes must complete this endorsement.
- Pre-Trip Virtual Inspection
- All vehicle types require completion of a pre-trip inspection.
- Skills Test Prep
- Understanding what is expected during the DPS exam can make or brake your skills test.