Do you live in Texas and thought about becoming an oil field driver because of the pay and the increased demand? Are you curious about the steps you need to take but overwhelmed by the number of resources online that may not pertain to you? We have you covered. In this post, we will provide you with 4 tips to become an oil field driver in Texas and start getting a job.
- Get A CDL License: At CDL2GO, we have an Oil Field Driver’s Course which consists of practice tests and quizzes. The materials in this course will have you prepared in passing the DPS (Department of Public Safety) Knowledge Testing and the Skills Test which are taken in a vehicle. This is the first and most important step to becoming an Oil Field Driver.
- Earn your HAZMAT Endorsement: If you want to work in the oil fields, we suggest getting your HAZMAT endorsement. Working as an oil field driver can be dangerous and you need to understand how to transport, load and unload dangerous cargo. By becoming HAZMAT endorsed, you will have the training to follow the correct safety rules and guidelines as an oil field driver.
- Go through the Texas Truck Driving Academy: You’ve obtained your CDL License and became HAZMAT-endorsed. Now it’s time to learn how to drive. The Texas Truck Driving Academy has a simulator training program that will give you the feeling of driving in real life terrain. Also, you will receive 160 Hours of in-truck training experience. After going through the training, you will have completed your journey to becoming a professional oilfield driver.
- Finally, time to look for an oil field job: To best place to find work as an oil field driver is to head over to our Jobs2GO platform for oilfield truck job openings. There, you will have access to all available jobs in the Texas area. Start applying and begin your employment right away.
By following the 4 tips, you will be prepared and ready to become an oil field driver and start getting a job in Texas in no time.
Are you ready to start your brand new career by earning your CDL (Commercial Drivers License) license, but worried you won’t have the time? You’re not alone, many people in your same shoes are wondering how they can study and pass the CDL license test while balancing their families and busy work schedules. So what can you do?
If you’re looking to pass your CDL license test and you believe you can’t find the time to study, CDL 2 Go suggest you follow these tips:
- Ensure that you give yourself at least 1 hour a day to study the CDL training material: Anyone can spare 1 hour in their busy schedule to do a task. For example, you sleep on average 8 hours a day, followed by working at your job which is another 8 hours a day. That’s 16 hours total. We now have 8 hours left. You may have to run errands, so let’s say this takes you about 3 hours to complete. Now we have 5 hours left. So in essence, you do have time to study regardless of how busy you think are. If you’re determined to become CDL certified, finding time is not impossible.
- Study the CDL training material in small chunks: We’re sure you looking forward to studying, but you’re currently feeling overwhelmed and wondering how you will keep the information when you finally begin taking the test. First, relax. It’s impossible to study and comprehend the lessons in one sitting. Whether you study first thing in the morning, or late at night, use the time to study a section of a chapter instead of the whole thing. Plan your studying session by spreading each chapter throughout the week so you can understand the material. When you use this strategy, the overwhelming feeling you’ve experienced beforehand will disappear. You will begin to feel confident about studying the CDL training material in small chunks and prepared to take the CDL exam when it is time to do so.
Now that we’ve provided you with simple tips on how to study for the CDL license test with a busy schedule, you now have the tools to become a CDL Licensed professional.